Sunday, March 2, 2014

Read an E-Book Week March 2-8


In honor of e-book week, Paty Jager and I are offering For a Sister’s Love for FREE at SMASHWORDS. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/84043  You can either use this code: FL74J or the code offered on the site which is RW100.

I go back and forth between paper books and e-books, and I honestly can’t tell you that I like one more than the other. When I first got my Kindle, I (wrongly) assumed that would mean I’d no longer have a stack of books on my bedside table. They are still there, but so lies the Kindle. I must admit, the Kindle is my traveling partner. I must also admit I’ve brought home more than one paperback only to discover I’d already downloaded the story on my Kindle. Not that I mind. There are plenty of books that I enjoy reading more than once. 

For those of you who don’t have a Kindle or other E-reader, you can download the app onto your cell phone and/or computer. (I have those, too. I really am never without a book.)

So…what else is happening around here? A lot, as usual. We’ve
received more wintery weather, which we took advantage of and dug out the toboggan. The granddaughter had a blast, and Bear, the granddog, was part of the fun. He pulled the toboggan back up the hill once, but was not impressed. I believe the thought the thing was chasing him, and the faster he ran, the faster it followed him. It was a sight. The girls also went snowplowing with Papa in his old red Chevy and while ‘blazing a new trail’ they became stuck. Luckily they were just in the woods beyond the front yard, so Isabelle ran up the driveway and she and I took the GMC down to pull them out.
 
We also celebrated Hayley’s birthday. She is now the ripe old age of five. We had three celebrations, one at the restaurant of her choice on her actual birthday and then yesterday we had a bowling party with a dozen of her friends, and then a family party at her home afterwards. 

On the writing side, I’m on the final few chapters of the third roaring twenties story, and already getting anxious to start the fourth one. Which I must get back to right now.

Keep your head up and a smile on your face. It helps. Remembering winter can’t last for every helps, too.

3 comments:

Chele aka hula girl said...

Thanks Lauri for the free e-book. I enjoy all your books.
Aloha, Michele

Chele aka hula girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauri said...

You're welcome, Michele, and thank you!
Lauri